Yash Raj Films productions this year’s big release ‘Dhoom 3’ is opened with a bang in India and abroad. The film recorded some interesting benchmarks and achieved some interesting milestones on the first day of its release. We will have a look at some of the interesting facts related to this big budget star studded action flick.
- Dhoom3 registered a great advance booking which is much higher as compared to ‘Chennai Express’ and ‘Ek Tha Tiger’.
- The film showed occupancy of 95 to 100% in the morning show across all theatres in the country. The film received stunning openings abroad as well.
- Speculations are high that the film has made 45 crore earning in the opening day counting the international and domestic box-office collections – yet another record.
- Noteworthy is the fact that SRK starrer Chennai Express made opening day collection of ‘only’ 33 Crores!
- The film was released in more than 4500 screens in India which is first time ever and 700 in international markets thereby setting a new record of biggest release.
- Dhoom 3 is expected to make 40 crore plus business at the box-office in the opening day including the collections from other language releases like Tamil and Telugu versions.
- With this speed the film can cross Rs 100 Crore benchmark in mere 3 days which will be a new record in itself!
- Christmas and New Year vacations are around and they will fuel the success of the film. A win-win situation for a blockbuster!
- Since Friday was a working day, the collections are considered to be low. Imagine what will be the number of earning holidays like Saturday and Sunday!
- Dhoom3 is the first film releasing in Pakistan after lifting the ban of Indian film release in the country.
- For the South Indian fans the movie is dubbed in Tamil and Telugu languages as well, the movie is available in 2D and IMAX format.
- Dhoom 3 is the last big release of the year and has given grand farewell to 2013!