Urmila Matondkar – 4th February
Urmila Matondkar was born on 4th Feb 1974. She is well known name in Hindi film industry and was at the top of her career in 90’s. Urmila is known to have changed the image of a Bollywood heroines with her revolting sexy role in Ram Gopal Verma‘s film ‘Rangeela‘. The film was a huge commercial success and earned Urmila a place in mainstream Bollywood cinema.
Some facts about Urmila
- Urmila made her debut in Hindi films as a child actror in film ‘Kalyug‘ in 1980
- She tasted success at the age of 9 with her vital role in Shekhar Kapoor’s film ‘Masoom‘ in 1983.
- Urmila made her debut as an adult actress in 1989 movie ‘Bade Ghar Ki Beti‘
- Narsimha (1991) was her first film as a leading lady.
- Urmila has got nominations for Filmfare Awards for her roles in films like Rangeela (1995), Judaai (1997), and Satya (1998)
- She ultimately won her first Filmfare Award in the Best Actress (Critics) category for her role in horror/ thriller movie ‘Bhoot’